BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

automatically use area fill number elsewhere?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to link the numbers that come up for area fills to an info sheet showing areas for different units and different floors. Is there any way to link the area fill number to another sheet? It's a multi fmaily project where the info sheet lists square footages for each unit, each floor, and total sq ft. I'd like a way to get that to automatically update when I adjust the fill. Or can someone come up with something else? I'm tired of adding up one million numbers every other day......thanks a lot
15 REPLIES 15
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
sanderarchitects wrote:
I'm trying to link the numbers that come up for area fills to an info sheet showing areas for different units and different floors. Is there any way to link the area fill number to another sheet? Or can someone come up with something else? I'm tired of adding up one million numbers every other day......thanks a lot
Sure, just set up a simple schedule and place it as a drawing on a separate layout.
sanderarchitects wrote:
Should our office pay a million bucks to upgrade to AC12?
Yes you definitely should. Tell you what, send me the million and I'll arrange it for you. I'll even come and install it for you. Bargain.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks a lot!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having some trouble with formatting the schedule. Can you insert totals in the schedule (eg adding up floor 1+2 of unit one above the info for unit 2?) and have a grand total below? I see there are options to edit characteristics for these over on the left side of the schedule options...Any suggestions?
Picture 1.jpg
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Check the reference guide for sorting & totalling the schedue fields.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
sanderarchitects wrote:
I'm trying to link the numbers that come up for area fills to an info sheet showing areas for different units and different floors. Is there any way to link the area fill number to another sheet? Or can someone come up with something else? I'm tired of adding up one million numbers every other day......thanks a lot
Sure, just set up a simple schedule and place it as a drawing on a separate layout.
sanderarchitects wrote:
Should our office pay a million bucks to upgrade to AC12?
Yes you definitely should. Tell you what, send me the million and I'll arrange it for you. I'll even come and install it for you. Bargain.

Cheers,
Link.
when doing this, say u have 10 fill areas on a floor plan but only 7 of them u want to show in the schedual.. is that doable? i cant seem to work out how to make it show only the fill areas i want listed and exclud others
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Plenty of ways. One way is to assign the same ID to all the fills you don't want included and set that ID not to be included in the scheme criteria.

Cheers,
Link.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
sanderarchitects wrote:
I'm having some trouble with formatting the schedule. Can you insert totals in the schedule (eg adding up floor 1+2 of unit one above the info for unit 2?) and have a grand total below? I see there are options to edit characteristics for these over on the left side of the schedule options...Any suggestions?
Is this what you are looking for?
I added Floor to the listed parameters and made totals for the floors. The flag and the Sum sign are the key to that.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
that's great laszlo thanks - what if i have two fills on different floors that i would like to add up? (eg there are 4 units each with two floors, how would I get those pairs of fills to add in the table?)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Then the two fills belonging to the same unit should have the same ID.
The ID should be first and it should be flagged, the Surface (Area) should have the SUM sign.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!