Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

SECTION WINDOW: Lines inside the object

adamrendek
Newcomer
Hi Everyone,

Can you help me figure it out how to show the lines of the geometry within my object in the section window? It only seems to generate the outline no matter what I do...

Thank you in advance for your suggestions,

Adam
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Adam,
Could you tell us what this object is and show us what it looks like
in the 3D window. I for one, have no idea what I am looking at.
Thank you,
Peter Devlin
adamrendek
Newcomer
Sorry Peter,

I actually figured it out in the meantime. The magic expression is: MODEL SURFACE! Which does not generate a cutting surface.

This is a curtain wall mullion that needs to show some internal details (of course only at certain scales)

Thanks for the quick response anyways!

Adam
lines1.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Adam,
Thanks for the explanation. For your purposes, the MODEL SURFACE
command does the job probably better than alternating section fills
for each adjacent element in the assembly.
Peter Devlin
adamrendek
Newcomer
Peter,

Though I solved the previous problem, now I'm facing it again in a different form. I'm calling the "good working" object as a macro in another and even if I put the MODEL SURFACE in the calling script the lines still don't appear.

Do you or anyone else know any limitation of the MODEL SURFACE function when called in a macro??

Thanks,

Adam
Anonymous
Not applicable
Adam,
This is a new for me. Apparently, you have found
a limitation of the MODEL SURFACE function.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
adamrendek wrote:
Do you or anyone else know any limitation of the MODEL SURFACE function when called in a macro??
Don't put <model wire> into the macro, put it into the main object, before the call statement.

model wire
call "my macro" parameters ...
model solid

Play with GLOB_CONTEXT to specify in which context you want it to show.
adamrendek
Newcomer
Thanks Guys, It was actually my mistake. AC merged the parts because I used a PLACEGROUP ADDGROUP solid element operation on top of all. This had actually nothing to do with the macro call. I'm starting to really like the control over the section cut. I think I can finally make my curtain wall object generate a CD level of details automatically.

I actually switched over the define the

SECT_ATTRS fill, fill_background_pen,
fill_pen, contour_pen [, line_type]

since it gives me even more control. I'd really love to use symbol fills to automatically represent a part of the section cut (like in the attached example), so that it's not actually generated as 3D geometry, but rather "mapped" as a drawing detail in the section window over a simplified contour element. My current issue is that I cannot seem to be able to set the local coordinate for the symbol fill which would be key to this great workflow. The COOR command only seems to affect the 3D window not the section cut.

Does anyone know how to set the local origin for a section fill set by the SECT_ATTRS???

Thanks in advance for your help as always...