Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3d View problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
im having this issue with my 3d view.. everything is fine while i pan and orbit the model, but once i remove my fingers from the mouse buttons the image goes like this (attachment)

any ideas?? some times its fine and others its not. i was thinking graphics card problem? but the other designer is using the exact same PC and it dosnt happen on his.. maybe a setting on mine that iv messed up??
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow.....that would give me a headache.

Sorry I can't help though, I'm not on XP or AC12.
vistasp
Advisor
GeNOS wrote:
any ideas?? some times its fine and others its not. i was thinking graphics card problem? but the other designer is using the exact same PC and it dosnt happen on his.. maybe a setting on mine that iv messed up??
* Do you have on-board video?
* Maybe too much RAM is being used by other apps?
* Could also be a faulty graphics card.

If you add basic machine specs in your signature, it would help.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What are your 3D Window settings?
Certain 3D Window settings with the Internal 3D Engine can produce a picture like that.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
settings are on
engine - open GL
mod - Shading
countours - best
diplay - 1300 x 840

the rest is locked out.
Anonymous
Not applicable
vistasp wrote:
GeNOS wrote:
* Do you have on-board video?
* Maybe too much RAM is being used by other apps?
* Could also be a faulty graphics card.

If you add basic machine specs in your signature, it would help.
ill check the details and post them up.. i dont know much aboutthe PC as it just the one at work. (i didnt buy/build it. IT did)
Anonymous
Not applicable
XP pro V2002 SP2
intel core 2 duo
E6750 @ 2.66 GHz (dunno what that means?)
2.00GHz, 3.oGB of ram
ati radeon hd 2400 256 vid card
David Collins
Advocate
I have the same problem, if that's any comfort for you. I think the culprit is the graphics card, an ATI Radion hd 3850 on my setup. It may be stealing RAM from OpenGL. A reboot fixes it, until the next time. It's very sporatic.

This is new in ArchiCAD 12. The same card and PC worked just fine with AC 11. It's interesting that the guy next to you with the same machine doesn't have the same problem. Are you listening to music, by any chance? Streaming audio content from the Internet seems to set it off it on my computer.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
I have the same problem, if that's any comfort for you. I think the culprit is the graphics card, an ATI Radion hd 3850 on my setup. It may be stealing RAM from OpenGL. A reboot fixes it, until the next time. It's very sporatic.

This is new in ArchiCAD 12. The same card and PC worked just fine with AC 11. It's interesting that the guy next to you with the same machine doesn't have the same problem. Are you listening to music, by any chance? Streaming audio content from the Internet seems to set it off it on my computer.
yep thast the same here, no problem in 11, only 12.. and yeah, its very random when it happens.
i always have music playing, but its from my hard drive not streaming.
ill leave it off and see if it makes any differnace
Anonymous
Not applicable
this definitely seems to be a graphics card issue as opposed to AC.

we've had sporadic instances of this happening, in v11 and v12.

the latest, when we had a widescreen tv set as a clone monitor on a PC for a presentation and afterwards switched the TV off ( didn't unplug it from PC) but forgot to readjust graphics card settings; a couple days later, this same graphics problem started. Adjusting card settings and restart solved it.