BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

mastering archicad 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi! can anyone help me doing this structure in AC 11? In few months from now, I will be on my on the job training and i want to know how to use different modellers.

transbay-terminal.jpg
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
how to do this kind of roofing and material?
Anonymous
Not applicable
bamboo structure
Anonymous
Not applicable
i wanted to practice this kind of structures first on ac11 before switching to ac12 if possible, so that i know how to do it if i encounter the same structure.
.......I'm going to just go ahead and save you a lot of time and trouble and let you know that you can't really model those kinds of geometry in ArchiCAD. Maybe the Bamboo one, if you get really creative and fancy with the roof tools and multiple roofs. But for the rest, it's more or less a no-go.

Your best bet would be (since I see you're on AC11) to model them in MaxonForm for AC11 (No longer supported or developed for ArchiCAD 12; go figure) and bring them back into ArchiCAD as 'dumb' geometry.

.....all assuming, of course, that ArchiCAD can, or will be able to handle all the polygons that you eventually end up with, without choking up.

........and people here still wonder why a lot of users are asking for more robust modeling tools in ArchiCAD.
Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah, archicad sux for modeling and dont use it for that, only if u want to model a cube

go to MoI3d and u can finish this very easy in no time
super modeling program /my favorite/
Anonymous
Not applicable
can i also use sketchup or autocad? You know it would be much easier if I sketch those structures then edit in Adobe photoshop. I'm good in rendering especially in painting but not in perspective esp. the complicated shapes. I have to study how to use these modellers of course Autocad the most popular because people now tend to be accustomed to BIM.

can i export it to other programs the modeller you recommending? for example to artlantis or 3dsmax. I also wanted a very user friendly rendering program that would not require me to think just like a mind puzzle because I don't want to spend more time in programming instead use my time in building my creativity.
Anonymous
Not applicable
how if i switch to ac12, can i finally do it? Or combine it with sketchup then export to ac11 or do some gdl scripting which i will study in my 2 week vacation. I cannot afford time to study these tricky programs but i must because my 5th year thesis requires me to have a very nice presentation and also most firms now use computer aided drawings for their presentation. I only have 1 year left and i don't want to spend my time for it instead i will use my time to study theories and experimentation related to my studies not in computer.
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Dear Jon without a signature.

ArchiCAD is open to many popular 2D and 3D formats such as 3DS. Model the organic parts in your 3D modeler of choice and save as 3ds and open in AC.

I've used Rhino and Cinema4D for purposes like this. Moi3D looks really cool! There are several new advanced modelers to try.

Cheers,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i wanted a program that will require me only 1-2 weeks to study the whole day because i will also study gdl and sketchup
Learn and get certified!