BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

worksheet and detail tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
i m using ArchiCAD12.0 version. I wanted to know
1. what is the main purpose of introducing Worksheet tool?
2. Where it is used? i.e., application?
3. What is the major difference between Worksheet tool and detail tool?
Kindly answer for my question.And i have read the help menu and also the reference guide.... still i dint understand........please help me........
Thank u
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
jabe wrote:
Hi,
i m using ArchiCAD12.0 version. I wanted to know
1. what is the main purpose of introducing Worksheet tool?
2. Where it is used? i.e., application?
3. What is the major difference between Worksheet tool and detail tool?
Kindly answer for my question.And i have read the help menu and also the reference guide.... still i dint understand........please help me........
Thank u

worksheet is a total 2d area, because 2d cad people are still not used to the interface of BIM , so archicad design this special worksheet for them. but it is still useful when u really need a absolute 2d place
Anonymous
Not applicable
As Angus says, the worksheet tool is for any 2d data, like partial plans and sections. I also use independent worksheets for the 2d location plan, and also for arranging images, diagrams and renders both produced in ArchiCAD and external programs, which will be placed onto the layouts.

Although the functionality is very similar, the detail tool is aimed more specifically for smaller scale details and so, by default, doesn't import annotation - only construction elements.
TomWaltz
Participant
The Detail and Worksheet are identical.

The intention seems to be that you use the Detail tool for cutting details the way you always did and use the Worksheet tool for placing DWG or other imported files for use as Trace References.

But they do the same thing and work the same way (the defaults may be different, but they have the same capabilities). The only difference I can think of is that Worksheet has a "copy entire view" function.

I keep dreaming that one of them will start to resemble Revit's Callout Tool, which creates live enlarged plans, cropped down for easy annotation.
Tom Waltz
Learn and get certified!