BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Problem on Curtain Wall export.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I'm trying to export the ArchiCAD 12 model to my own file type. But I encounter some problem when I export the curtain wall data.
I used the ACAPI_Element_GetElemList to get the Api_Guid list, but only the API_CurtainWallID type elements can be get, while the others such as API_CurtainWallFrameID,API_CurtainWallPanelID etc. can not be get. Is there any way in which I could get frame or panel elements which belong to one curtain wall?
And I also had tried to use ACAPI_Element_Filter_Index with APIFilt_OnVisLayer|APIFilt_OnActFloor to get the curtain wall frame and panel element in one story, but only the middle parts could be get, while the top and bottom parts of curtain wall lost. Is this an bug from API toolkit 12? How could I fix this problem, or is there any workground?
Thanks.

2.png

2 REPLIES 2
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The curtain wall is a so-called container elem. Its sub-elements can be obtained with the ACAPI_Element_GetMemo call (take a look at the
cWallSegments
member and the like).

For the filtering problem: I think the curtain wall is a multi-story element, so story filtering won't work in that case. I would go the hard way: get the 3D geometry of the curtain wall sub-elements, and check those against the story range (see APIEnv_GetStorySettings).

Hope this helps,

Akos
Anonymous
Not applicable
I see, Thanks a lot.
Learn and get certified!