BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Having trouble with complex profiles

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

I'm trying to create a concave, irregular wall somewhat similar to this one:

I am fairly new to making complex profiles and am struggling. Any help would really be appreciated.

thanks.
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, just some extra information.. I can make the curve fine but i cant work out how to make the wall 'bubble'. here is another picture

See how the building 'bubbles' instead of just being the same curve the whole way through. Whats the best way to do this? Would i have to make different comple profiles and then add them together?

Cheers.
Anonymous
Not applicable
use custom profiles with a horizontal section instead of a vertical one..
Anonymous
Not applicable
liek this.. then u will need to flip it over so its in the right plan for a roof
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou for the reply it's exactly what i was looking for. One question but, I can't seem to find the option to change the custom profile from a vertical section to a horizontal section.. I'm sure it must be right infront of me but I cant for the life of me see it..
Dwight
Newcomer
You save it as an object.....
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
nah there isnt one.. you will just draw it in teh vertical plan, but assum its horizontal... then place it in vertical like a wall... then if u have that "objective" add on you can rotate it over.. if not save it out as a library item then re insert it and it will be rotated around from vertical to horizontal.. (if that makes sense? lol)
Anonymous
Not applicable
willy684 wrote:
Thankyou for the reply it's exactly what i was looking for. One question but, I can't seem to find the option to change the custom profile from a vertical section to a horizontal section.. I'm sure it must be right infront of me but I cant for the life of me see it..
now that u mention it, having this as an option would be an excelent addition to archicad.
Erika Epstein
Booster
You should be able to do this with the curtain wall tool. Not only is that the type of structure, but you can free rotate it in 3D window to correct the orientation. This keeps the skin parametric
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the help, I'm still having a few problems but. To save it as an object i've gone File, Libraries and Objects, Save Project As... Then i save it as a Object file. But i still cannot seem to rotate the object in 3D, it will only rotate in 2D... Would you mind quickly going through the steps once I have made the object please? I'm using archicad 11.
Learn and get certified!