Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Vectorial sun shadows in sections and elevations

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will like to have sections and elevations in layouts with vectorial sun shadows in a preliminary presentation set and the same S&E in a detailed construction set but without the vectorial sun shadows.
How can this be done?
I appreciatte if some one helps me
Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a setting within the Section / Elevation tool itself (unless they have changed it in AC12). The best way I know of would be to have duplicate markers with appropriate settings - one with shadows on, one with shadows off.
Anonymous
Not applicable
But, with the same id?
I thought about it, but I think it would be lots of S&E through out the project and I might get confused switching between each of them, what do you think?
Thanks for helping me.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This is still the only way to do it, since the shadows are tool specific (as opposed to a view or model view setting specific). They can have the same ID, but need different names. Use your View Map to navigate them.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Stuart and Link,
I am going to post this in the wish list,
Anonymous
Not applicable
But if I leave the same ID, I am afraid that would be a problem, (I have about 15 sections and 6 elevations in my project).
What I am doing is placing the sun-vectorial sections in another layer so the elevations, do you think this will work?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Place the views into separate sub-folders in your view map. Name the sub-folders appropriately and you should have no problem telling them apart. They can have the same layer combination assigned.
Thomas Holm
Booster
rucailo wrote:
...What I am doing is placing the sun-vectorial sections in another layer so the elevations, do you think this will work?
This is the way I do it. It complicates layer combos a little, but it's worth it.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1