Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

complex profile inconsistency?

Anonymous
Not applicable
i'm hoping someone can tell me i've overlooked a basic setting for complex profile appearance:

i've been trying out modelling walls with complex profiles (instead of composite structures as previously) to take advantage of the new entire structure/core only/without finishes visualisation capability. I know you can assign core/finish attributes to the seperate skins in composite structures but complex profiles seem to have the added advantage that you can also assign individual materials to each component so that you can more realistically visualize structural construction (i.e. masonary vs. concrete vs. framed etc) even though finish skins might be the same.

Anyway, i am encountering some inconsistent results. As shown on accompanying image, two profiles, both of a 110mm masonry core with 10mm plaster finish layer (on both sides in one, on one side only on the other) as seen at top and bottom of accompanying image.

Same settings for fills/priority/display etc. order as far as i can tell different appearance. As shown in centre of accompanying image, in one, the thicker pen setting appears on both edges of the core (as required), on the other, on one side only.

Both type of walls drawn with reference line to centre.

Any help/insight into this would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Dwight
Newcomer
The image whooshed by.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
here's the image (i hope!)
Anonymous
Not applicable
That happens with mine as well. I find I have to manually change the inside edge of the plaster to a thick line as well as the outer edges of the core for it to display on plan correctly.

It's very Annoying!