BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Multi-residential jobs - hotlinks?

Arcadia
Booster
I am new to Archicad (2 months usage so far). I have not yet done a multi-residential job on Archicad yet but have one to do. I want to obviously document each stand-alone dwelling seperately as far as working drawings go but want them all appearing on the site model/site plan. Do I have to do this with hotlinking? If this was the case I am guessing I need one solo file for the site model with hotlinks to the units then seperate solo files for each unit as well. Or is there a way I can seperate the units within the one project file?

If I make changes to a hotlinked dwelling while working on the site model will it update in the dwelling source file?

I have not used hotlinking before so any tips for this would be appreciated also. Thanks.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes. use the hotlinked module. because whenever you modified the typical floor plan, your whole building would be changed.

and for a highrise project, there are some tips for 3d navigation
1. hide internal layers when rendering the external (save views in order to do it faster)
2. using marquee for browsing some specific part

for more reference
http://www.archicadwiki.com/Big%20Building%20Whitepaper?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=ArchicadBig... (2mb)

again, the rule here, please write down your computer configuration in your signature to make problems solving in a more convenient way.
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!