Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Document, Document Extras, Automatic Dimensioning

Anonymous
Not applicable
Under the selection: Document, Document Extras, Automatic Dimensioning;
Neither Exterior or Interior Dimensions will open to make a selection as detailed in C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 12\Help\Files\wwhelp\wwhimpl\js\html\wwhelp.htm
Does anyone have any comments about this? I tried to perform this selection while in dimensioning tool and while in no tool. I also tried to set this criteria with out having a project open.
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Did you select your walls (etc) first?

(Attached screenshot from help pages...)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
This Graphisoft is so simple that I missed that little point about high lighting the wall. It now works.
Thanks for responding.
DIMENSION TO CENTER of WALL?
Do you know how to do this? I have been searching for this and can not find it.
Karl Ottenstein
danlawrence wrote:
DIMENSION TO CENTER of WALL?
Do you know how to do this? I have been searching for this and can not find it.
To dimension to the center, you need your reference line to be set in 'center' mode. Generally, only log guys do this and framing people want to dimension to face of stud. If your walls are already laid down in the proper place, you need to use the Modify Wall set of commands to move the reference line so that the mass of the wall stays put.

Cannot use the automatic dimensioning to do this; must dimension manually.

Unless someone else knows another way of doing it...

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl. Dan
Arcadia
Booster
On a slightly related topic I notice that the auto dimension tool doesn't do enough internal dimension lines and you always have to add more in to complete the dimensioning. I'm sure there would be a way to improve the efficiency of this tool.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11