BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

FLY THROUGH DOESNT WORK NOT ENOUGH MEMORY !!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
when ever i try to render it would stop after 5 mins and say not enough memory to create image
i don't know why this happens when i try to create fly through i used 19 cameras then cut it down to 2 and still says not enough memory can some one please explain what i am doing wrong or some setting i can change i have 100g free memory on my PC

PROBLEM.JPG
10 REPLIES 10
Eduardo Rolon
It happens because of the settings that you have chosen for the fly-through causes windows to run out of RAM and Virtual Memory. Lower the resolution of the movie and instead of rendering on big walk-through render smaller segments and stitch them using windows movie maker, quicktime or Premiere Elements.

If the walk-through is for exteriors turn off interior objects, if for interiors turn off exterior objects to minimize the poly count.

You have not added what Operating System you are using, nor the amount of Ram you have and AC version.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not of any help with this one, I'm sorry. I'm just fascinated by your scene. How did you create the heavy rain fall effect in AC?
Typical weather in Belgium, would like to find out more
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now that you bring up the heavy rain fall effect.....

I would also suggest removing the reflection properties on the pavement material. That alone could be eating a lot of your computer's memory.
Dwight
Newcomer
I suspect a corrupted element in the model.
In all likelihood it is an object.

Please, also, list the light sources since Archicad doesn't have a "dank overcast murk object" have you inadvertently put many light sources in?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
all I'm using for light source is sun shadow which i have set in the location my building is going to be built in.

140 gig hard drive
Intel Core Duo CPU
E 8400 @ 3.00 GHz
2.00 GB of RAM,
WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2
ARCHICAD 11
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Also...

I find it better to render as INDIVIDUAL FRAMES and stitch them all together with QUICKTIME PRO... Save with H.264 compression as a .mov... This way you can start and stop at any frame and simply pick up from there after a crash.

I asked many times what the final pixel count should be but have settled on the resolution suggested by iMovie / iDVD = 960x540.

Actually, you might also consider ArtLantis as an Alternative. It is fairly inexpensive and results are better.... tho I think Lightworks inside AC has some merit.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Djordje
Ace
strang666 wrote:
when ever i try to render it would stop after 5 mins and say not enough memory to create image
i don't know why this happens when i try to create fly through i used 19 cameras then cut it down to 2 and still says not enough memory can some one please explain what i am doing wrong or some setting i can change i have 100g free memory on my PC
What is the pixel size of your rendering? If you render from the 3D window, with the size as shown on your screenshot, no wonder it runs out of memory ... try 640x480, max.

What are the rendering parameters anyway?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
TYVM FOR ALL THE HELP all my work is finialy complete all my rendering/animations works now
Dwight
Newcomer
What was the solution in the end?
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!