Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Viewing seperate stories in 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all

In Archicad 12 is there a way i can turn of a whole story (like you do in layers) so i am able to view just a 1st story or ground floor, and all its objects in the 3D window and take a snapshot of the inside ?

I have been grouping all the components on the 1st floor and elevating them up out of the way to view the inside of the ground floor
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
View the story you want to see in plan (2D). Either 'select all', or use a thin (single story) marquee to marquee the area you want to see. Your view selected in 3D will show just that story.

Alternatively, there are 3D view settings to determine which stories are visible...or cut planes. But I think you just want the first, simple, solution.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah - you are in fact a design god.

The marquee option gives me exactly what i need.
Many Thanx
Djordje
Ace
... and when you see what you want in the 3D window, save it as a view. It is more probable than not that you will need the same view, and quickly (for example, the boss walking in with the client wanting to see JUST THAT FLOOR) sometime down the line ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen