Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Trace Reference slows down performance

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I've noticed strange behavior of AC12 when using trace reference. Even in not so complicated projects sometimes turning reference on will slow down redraw significantly (takes long minutes to redraw when zooming in/out) but sometimes allows to navigate smoothly. Can't figure out the reason of this. Memory seems to be enough and turned to max.
Please advise. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
It may have to do with using a viewpoint vs a view as your trace reference.

See this wiki article on ways to speed up performance:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/2D%20Speed%20In%20ArchiCAD%2012

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl, this helped a lot.
I was referencing to a worksheet before thru the view map and now I'm calling it out from project map and it works a lil faster. Hope it was the only reason...
Karl Ottenstein
Glad it helped.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje
Ace
skardes wrote:
Thanks Karl, this helped a lot.
I was referencing to a worksheet before thru the view map and now I'm calling it out from project map and it works a lil faster. Hope it was the only reason...
it is the only reason.

You can also check the 2D OpenGL accelleration - depending on the type of the video card, it might be better to switch it off.

In general, use only the Project Map for Trace. The settings will be as in the current view anyway.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen