Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Receiving error message with elevation settings..please help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,
I am writing this message because I am getting extremely frustrated trying to figure out why I am receiving an error message when turning on specific settings in any of my elevation views.

The message is as follows: Error in analytic shading method
Error code- 108 (not enough room in heap zone)

I have been previously able to open all my elevations with the majority of the settings unchecked.

The unchecked settings include:
transparency
vectorial
3D hatching
vectorial sun shadows
Mark distant area
and left the fill uncunt surfaces with "none"

Horzontal and vertical range are set to infinite.
I recently check marked these few settings: Fill uncut surfaces with uniform pencolor, and transparency. I received the error.
Following that I did some trial and error and have come to the conclusion that it is the fill uncut surfaces with: options. Only the "none" option is acceptable.

does anyone have any suggestions to solve this error?

Any response will be greatly appreciate. Given the fact that there are only 2 days left before my final presentation of my college career, I really wanted to do a bang up job on all my drawings. The goal was to have vectorial shadows, hatching, transparency all on. Should i go for a photorealistic render from elevation view, and use that?

THanks in advance,
Kaan

Windows Xp
Archicad 11
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
whoops sorry, computer descriptoin:

Intel Core 2 CPU
T7400 @ 2.16GHz
2.16 GHz , 2.00 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS
Karl Ottenstein
See if anything here helps:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/Heap%20Zone?highlight=%28heap%29%7C%28zone%29

There was some report (rumor?) that this error could be related to having Nero software installed, also...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
nope no nero software installed....but im checking that link now
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
It could just be the case that your model is too large, and does not fit into the available memory when shadow casting and vectorial shadow is turned on. This article might be helpful:
http://archicadwiki.com/slow 3D
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft