Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

can I use marquee tool to select a very little part ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
as it can select the whole building by using the thick marquee, and the thin marquee can also select one floor.

and I select only a little part by a marquee to show in 3D???

for example, a window with some little part of wall?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. Select what you want then hit F4.
Anonymous
Not applicable
select by clickig it. not the marquee.. then hit F5
Anonymous
Not applicable
To limit the vertical range to something other than the current story you need to use the marquee in the 3D window. It will start at the elevation of the current user origin (set with shift+option/alt at any detectable point). After drawing the horizontal form in the usual way you then set the vertical height (up or down).
Anonymous
Not applicable
F4 - Show Selection/Marquee in 3D
F5 - Nothing

and I select a part in plan, which is shown as the picture below.

First, i want to select less, let say, only a little part of wall with the window section, not whole wall of that floor (I know Matthew's solution may work, but I don't really understand).

Second, Can I show not Black Color for the section plane?? Can I show it by its material? I know 3D document can show the hatching, but i am wondering that function works in 3D navigation view.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You'll need to use cutting planes to achieve that. Remember that cutting planes can be stored with a saved view.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oops. It appears that the 3D marquee does not clip the model to its vertical extents. It just includes elements from whatever stories it crosses. So this won't help you. It does allow a marquee selection of multiple stories without having to do the whole thing though.
Djordje
Ace
You can also combine the Marquee and Show elements in 3D. Don't forget to save the 3D view for each of the combinations that show what you want.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen