BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

more Artlantis lights questions

Anonymous
Not applicable
- using lights out of Artlantis It appears to me that the attenuation control does not work or am I missing something? In old Artlantis we could both control the start plane and the stop plane for lighting from a light. Is this now possible?

- parallel lighting from an internal light source (other that an external heliodon)? Is that still possible?

- lighting using any 'Neon'? ...I would like to turn this down to a glimmer but it seems always too powerful and I am not sure how controllable it is anyway?

The point of all this is to add supplementary lighting to achieve nice lighting cheats to the way things are lit, and sparkle to shiny surfaces etc.

and Dwight I definitely want THE "The Artlantis Attitude" BOOK!

Windows XPpro x64 Artlantis R2.03, AC12
3 REPLIES 3
Dwight
Newcomer
--- attenuation - still there but not so abrupt. Use a dark grey or brown light for better control.

---- parallel lighting? huh? you can make a light source not cast shadows - this makes it ambiguous if not parallel....

----neon is tricky. it isn't light anymore, it is a material.
the preview of neon is bad. [see attached]
to learn neon, make a series of small but close-up renderings.

--- Sorry for the delay, but even though i have a few minutes on the ArchiTalk each day, i am quite ill and progress on the book is interrupted. Must rest. Another month.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for that Dwight
Sorry that you are still crook.
...We need you!!
I do hope you get well quickly. All the best from Jeannie & me and the Sydney mob.
Dwight
Newcomer
Better merely "crook" than "a crook"

Up all day, now, and back at the keyboard.

Working on the "perfectly conventional rendering requiring no talent at all" section right now.
A perfectly conventional rendering requiring no talent at all.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!