BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Polygonal marquee tool does not stretch everything

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since we got Archicad12, the marquee tool when used in polygonal (free form) mode, does not stretch everything that is within it's area. It will stretch almost everything, but there is always a couple of lines or fills that do not get stretched.

If I use the marquee tool in rectangle mode, everything gets stretched.

Does anyone else have this problem? I can't seem to find any info on it.
13 REPLIES 13
Karl Ottenstein
No problem here. Please change your 'location' field in your profile from 'work' to your country, as some behavior is country specific.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
dohboy24 wrote:
Since we got Archicad12, the marquee tool when used in polygonal (free form) mode, does not stretch everything that is within it's area. It will stretch almost everything, but there is always a couple of lines or fills that do not get stretched.

If I use the marquee tool in rectangle mode, everything gets stretched.

Does anyone else have this problem? I can't seem to find any info on it.
Can you post a screenshot of the specific situation you are having? Maybe there is something there that causes this behavior.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Djordje
Ace
Can you post the scren shot of what are you EXACTLY enclosing in the marquee?

Is your Grouping off?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Karl Ottenstein
I did not question grouping status, or locking (locked layer, or locked element), since the post said that the rectangular marquee worked ... but we should confirm that it works in exactly the same circumstances that the polygonal marquee does not. (E.g., if you draw a rectangle with the polygonal marquee, does something different happen from drawing a rectangular marquee in the first place?)

More info please...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had similar issues. All stretches fine if marque is kept in rectangle form only problematic when using polygon configuration. This doesn't happen all the time so hard to figure. Latest problem was with 2d worksheet where circle/arch lines moved but straight lines would not stretch - again the rectangle works all the time - not an issue of layer being locked and it's not teamwork file.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a follow up on this!
We've encountered the same issue here! No grouping, no locked layers, nothing that would normally cause this kind of thing to happen!
To make it even stranger is the fact that in this particular .pln all that existed was walls all on the same layer! The walls that were horizontal (0º and 180º) moved and stretched as expected but the vertical walls (90º and 270º) did not move or stretch at all!
After changing views it worked properly again!
Anonymous
Not applicable
One person in our firm has started seeing this behavior. All layers unlocked and groups suspended. (Actually none of the elements are grouped) The strange thing was that when stretching lines and arcs, most of the elements stretched, but one line did not.... when we changed our zoom the previous line that did not stretch, moved correctly. It seems to be dependent on your zoom level.
Barry Kelly
Someone here has also just had the same problem.
He found switching to the rectangular marquee and stretching something then going back to the irregular marquee seemed to fix the problem.
Very hard to pin it down as it seems intermittent.
I haven't noticed any problems and can't reproduce it myself so I can't say if this is a solution or if it is just intermittently working again.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
Here is an image with the marquee before the stretch.
screen_1.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!