Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

c4d - archicad 12 exchange...

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've downloaded it - installed it - can't get it to work...

I do the whole 'create new element in c4d' or 'edit element in c4d' which launches c4d but there is nothing in the c4d environment to edit?.. Can anybody please tell me what im doing wrong?

I followed the install instructions from the graphisoft site - installed the exchange plugin for archicad 12 but only copied the plugin files to the c4d plugin folder as it says to do...

Waited so long for this plugin and now it doesn't work for me...

Any help would be much appreciated!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
i have never tried before, but quoting from graphisoft site "After the successful installation, you find the user manual in the ArchiCAD Help menu or in the ArchiCAD Documentation folder."
Anonymous
Not applicable
right - i've kind of got it working a little better ie. i can now see elements from archicad in cinema 4d but i cannot send any changes back into archicad. the help fine says something about ensuring the melange exchange preference is selected but i don't have this option in my cinema 4d... i'm using cinema 4d r10 and archicad 12. if anyone could tell me how to circumnavigate this i would be really grateful!

thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
mark44 wrote:
right - i've kind of got it working a little better ie. i can now see elements from archicad in cinema 4d but i cannot send any changes back into archicad. the help fine says something about ensuring the melange exchange preference is selected but i don't have this option in my cinema 4d... i'm using cinema 4d r10 and archicad 12. if anyone could tell me how to circumnavigate this i would be really grateful!

thanks.
File>Send to ArchiCAD
Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry fella - when i do this after saving the gdl file nothing appears in archicad... any other suggestions?