Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door / Window schedule show full height (including transom)?

Dennis Lee
Booster
Is there a way to schedule the total height of a window / door including the transom? In the case of a storefront window enclosing a door with transom light above, I'd like the height to read the total height of the storefront, not the height of the door. Same thing for the width.

Hope it's something easy I've missed...
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
9 REPLIES 9
Dennis Lee
Booster
Ok, it was something easy. Just pick the "opening height / width" instead of the default (door) Height / Width for the schedule.

HOWEVER!!! AC10 schedules this dimension as feet and inches just like the default Height / Width dimensions, but AC11 and AC12 schedules dimension them as a "calculation unit", all in inches, or decimal inches only.

WHY was this changed?
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Because GS continues to have their head in the sand when it comes to US standards!
No wonder R___t is gaining ground!
Wake up GS.
You can't keep giving us such low priority.
That strategic plan is crumbling.
Bier
zoli79
Booster
Today I had a similar problem, and this is how I got around:

1. In the scheme I list the unit width and unit height.
2. Some of the lines are in decimal feet. Unfortunately you can not set the calculation units to feet + fractional inches. Only decimal feet or decimal inches.
3. I noticed that some lines are OK, although they are using the same object: Storefront Sidelight, Transom 18.
4. Here is the trick: if you set the Leaf size to be custom instead of one of the predefined size, than the unit width and unit height will read properly in the schedule.

This kinda sucks, I hope Graphisoft fixes the calculation units by giving the option of fractional units. Or is it already done in AC19? (The thread was started in 2008, now it's 2015...)
macOS Ventura, ArchiCAD 26 - USA version
zoli79 wrote:
...I hope Graphisoft fixes the calculation units by giving the option of fractional units. Or is it already done in AC19? (The thread was started in 2008, now it's 2015...)
It was not in the Beta versions. There is still no feet and inches display option for Calculation Units & Rules.

My Beam Schedule would sure be more useful if I could show the length in feet and inches.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I know this post is kind of old, I just saw it.
Do you refer to this? (see screenshot), meaning how to put the units in fractionals like these?
Kind of. I would like to have my schedules for beams and other things in feet and inches.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, So at the begining I was having the same problem of the decimal inches. The way I solve this was the next: (I hope it works with beams too)

In the dialog box of scheme setting of the shedule, instead of adding the fields from the add button, you press on the down arrow next to it and choose add object parameter from the drop down list. (Screenshot 1)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Then you browse for your object type and choose and add the parameters you want to show in the schedule. EYE with this, in order to make the browsing easier on top there is a Select Object by option, there you can filter what the list is going to show you.

And, this is it. Your numbers should be in fractional feet and inches.
Capture 2.JPG
Yes. I can do that for beam height and beam width, but not for beam length which is only displayed in decimal feet.