Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

[Gallery] Show your renderings!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I start this thread with the idea to have a place, where we can show our renderings, made with Archicad.

We need a place, where we can show our work and receive friendly comments and criticism by people using the same software. Like Atlantis's gallery. There was such a place long ago - Design Showcase.

Till we have something similar, I suggest we publish our work in this thread.

So, this is a house, modelled entirely in AC11&12 and rendered with VRay on Max6, original resolution 2000x1500.

Vasilevi cam 2.jpg
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
And something I found in the archives:

Modelled and rendered 100% in AC6.0, original resolution 2360x1575, lots of Photoshop, year 2000!
House AC6.0.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice level of detail on that one. One bad thing of one thread with renderings is that comments on renderings could make the thread useless.
Why not instead post with a tag in the beginning? Like [WIP] or [WD] [RENDER] in the beginning of the subject / title of thread?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, it's just a start! I hope GS will help us in the future with a separate section on the Forum!
Karl Ottenstein
kliment wrote:
Till we have something similar, I suggest we publish our work in this thread.
Hi Kliment,

Rather than have everyone post images into a single thread, I would suggest instead that each user (or firm) start their own thread in this Presentation/Rendering forum and include "[Gallery]" at the beginning of the subject line.

I think a single thread will not only get out of control quickly, but it will be difficult to locate people's work. (Imagine with 200 posts in the thread if someone tries to search for your or someone else's image?)

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Fo-rum, Fo-rum! We The People want a 'Rendering Gallery' forum. In 'IV. Other'.

And I am sure many would like a 'Construction Drawings' gallery too.
Karl Ottenstein
Ignacio wrote:
Fo-rum, Fo-rum! We The People want a 'Rendering Gallery' forum. In 'IV. Other'.

The thing that concerns me about a new forum for a gallery is that if comments are allowed, as Kliment wants, then that forum will quickly degrade into a duplicate of this Presentation forum anyway - since people will be asking 'how did you do that?', 'where can I get that texture?', 'what settings did you use for x?', etc.

Seriously: what would a separate forum bring to the table, and how would it be kept distinct from this forum?

Cheers,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl wrote:
if comments are allowed, as Kliment wants, then that forum will quickly degrade into a duplicate of this Presentation forum anyway - since people will be asking 'how did you do that?', 'where can I get that texture?'
Yes, you are right. It should be a gallery-type only thing. From the threads in this forum you could make links to individual images for discussion or reference. But if you just wanted to browse pictures you would go there.

I think something some sort of similar depository for CD samples would be very good too. Every time somebody asks for that he gets sent to that Arizona reseller who put together a few packages years ago.
Karl Ottenstein
Good idea, Ignacio. I'm not sure that it can be done here without some program modification to the PHP software (which GS probably does not have time to do - it is an off the shelf thing) - so maybe linking to some external site that permits image posting but not commenting?

Kliment,

Sorry that I got focused on process and not your images. They're nice!

But, I think you must know that GIF is not an appropriate file format for photographic (continuous tone) images? It has a very limited color palette. Better to use JPG or PNG.

Cheers,
Karl
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
But, I think you must know that GIF is not an appropriate file format for photographic (continuous tone) images? It has a very limited color palette. Better to use JPG or PNG.
Yeah, I know it, Karl, but the 256kb is killing me!
Karl wrote:
The thing that concerns me about a new forum for a gallery is that if comments are allowed, as Kliment wants, then that forum will quickly degrade into a duplicate of this Presentation forum anyway - since people will be asking 'how did you do that?', 'where can I get that texture?', 'what settings did you use for x?', etc.
Technical questions will remain for the presert section Presentation&Multimedia, Gallery section will be for comments only. A good example is Evermotion's forum - people comment on the presentation and very few ask for technical details.