Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Archicad 65 library in AC12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an old archicad 65 project that I need to bring into archicad 12. I am able to bring it in through opening the project in AC 10 and then opening it in AC 12. The problem is that I no longer have the AC 65 library so I am missing fills which creates endless errors in the 3D window. I have tried saving it as an archive project and tried many other ways to save and open it.

I am will to replace all the AC 65 windows / doors / objects with AC 12 windows / doors / objects, etc. Is there a way to delete the link / file to the 65 library when I open the project in AC 10 /12?

I have the AC 65 installation disk but cannot load it on my intel MAC (OS 10.5). Does anyone know a way around this or a website to download the 65 library?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Go to:
http://tr.graphisoftus.com/
This site has a downloadable
AC 6.5 library archive.
Peter Devlin
Thomas Holm
Booster
archtim wrote:
I have the AC 65 installation disk but cannot load it on my intel MAC (OS 10.5). Does anyone know a way around this or a website to download the 65 library?
Archicad 6.5 will not install on an Intel Mac, you would need Classic, an PPC Mac, and nothing newer than OSX 10.4.x.

However, there is an OSX version of Archicad 7 that runs fine on Intel Macs and in Leopard. I'm not sure about the installer, though, it's possible that you'll have to copy a full working installation from a PPC Mac. You can get AC7/OSX from your reseller if you have a license for it or any later version.

Don't transfer the whole 6.5 library. If you save the project in 6.5 or 7 as a .pla archive file, you'll get only the used library parts and rid yourself of the rest.

If you want the 6.5 library parts to work in 12, you might have to update them successively using the Special Menu in AC7, and 9 or 10 as well. There are posts here describing the process, do a Search!

When you have exchanged all the 6.5 parts, just unload the old library with the Library Manager.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1