Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Window & Door Markers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

I've been going through the script of these markers (the LHS Marker in particular). What I'd like to do is have the marker know whether it is being used for a window or a door. Then I will use the "Parameters" function to place the text where I want it for each of these objects. I've tried GLOB_ELEM_TYPE but I'm not sure how to use it to find the object that the marker is being placed with.

Any thoughts?
thanks,

Doug
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, after some more searching I found the AC_ parameters. I added the following to the 2D script as a test. The screenshot shows the error message I got.

IF AC_WIDO_TYPE=1 THEN
TEXT2 0,0,"Yada Yada"

Can anyone tell me the correct way to use this parameter?

Doug
2D Script Error.PNG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Doug,

Did you do an ENDIF afterwards?

IF AC_WIDO_TYPE=1 THEN
TEXT2 0,0,"Yada Yada"
ENDIF
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply Peter,

Yes I put the endif in there (just forgot to show it here).

Doug
Anonymous
Not applicable
id love to know how to make the window and door markers to be able to be placed where i want them.. i hate having a bunch of windows next to eachother and unable to use the markers cos they all overlap eacheother. and unable to move them
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, it looks as though, after more digging I'm going to answer my own post again(believe me, I'm not doing this on purpose, I just hate to give up and wait for an answer . I found that the AC_WIDO_TYPE parameter had been set to array in the LHS marker.(I assume this caused the array warning ) This set it's value to [1], with the brackets. I looked at a few other markers and found that they weren't set to array and had a value of 0. I made the changes to the LHS marker and Voila! If I placed a new door then it showed the text...a new window did not. I'll tell you what...If you've run out of challenges in life (and you're not a gdl guru already), then Dive In!! (I would suggest making a backup copy of your libraries first though)

I'll be back!

Doug