BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

precast baluster

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anybody know how to create a baluster? I already have the desired profile in Profile Manager but I can not rotate the object to create a round baluster.
Thank you.
AC10
WindowsXP 2
Pentium 2.4Gz
1GbRam
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you have it set to work on walls and are you using the circular wall type method?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Curved Wallls in Profile Manager was introduced in AC11.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can make a baluster shape using the Profiler
add-on set to the revolve geometry in AC 10.
Peter Devlin
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
jose wrote:
Does anybody know how to create a baluster? I already have the desired profile in Profile Manager but I can not rotate the object to create a round baluster.
You can quickly and easily do this (and much more) with OBJECTiVE. Referring to the attached image:
  • 1) Draw the baluster profile with the polyline tool and use OBJECTiVE's profile tool to make a new lathed object (the centre line of the swept shape is illustrated in the image);
    2) A new swept object is created (plain GDL, works without an add-on, uses no macros);
    3) You can further shape the object with OBJECTiVE's Split tool;
    4) The completed baluster;
    5) The ends of baluster can be further cut to suit different situations, e.g. to the slope of the stair;
    6) The finished objects rendered.
Note that all the balusters in the rendered view are the same object (no additional objects are created by splitting), and the object can be archived or sent to others.

More information can be found at: http://www.encina.co.uk/objective.html
Ralph Wessel BArch
Barry Kelly
Ralph wrote:
You can quickly and easily do this (and much more) with OBJECTiVE.
When is Graphisoft going to buy OBJECTiVE and make it a standard feature of Archicad

Or at least give us the same functionality.
No offence to Ralph as OBJECTiVE is a fine product, but if an external user can create such a wonderful add-on then why can't the makers of the software.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
"but if an external user can create such a wonderful add-on then why can't the makers of the software."

Because, even collectively, they are not that smart over there.
Bier
Anonymous
Not applicable
Add to that Door & window builder.....
99% of archicad complains will be satisfied
Dwight
Newcomer
Lack of Swoopy Blob tool = 50% all by itself.
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
Bier wrote:
Because, even collectively, they are not that smart over there.
Arguably they're smarter: it's the smart one who gets somebody else to do their work for them. 😉

Believe me, they are plenty smart in Budapest. We don't need to insult them just to strengthen the compliment to Ralph. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!