BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Unexplained fill appearance in column

Craig Bagley
Contributor
Problem (using AC11): A 2 ft. tall square column (and therefore uncut) shown on a floor plan with the following settings:

Floor Plan Display: Projected
MVO setting for Cut Fill Patterns: Solid

Basically, one is looking at the top of the column. The line type/pen for uncut lines shows correctly, but a solid fill is added (pen #1 in my case) that I can't trace to any setting anywhere. The fill goes away when I change the MVO setting for Cut Fill Patterns from "Solid" (which strikes me as odd, because the element is not "cut").

Creating a wall with similar settings (i.e. - 2 ft. tall, etc.) seems to behave as expected (no solid fill visible on the floor plan view).

I can also change the height of the column so that it IS cut, or change the Floor Plan Display to something else like Symbolic Cut, and it displays correctly, including the correct pen settings for the fill color.

There are obvious workarounds (no help needed in that respect), but I can't explain the presence of the fill in the column. What am I missing?
AC20 USA/Build 8005
15" MBP, 16 GB RAM
macOS 10.13.6
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
Apparently a bug in 11. It works properly in 12.

Sorry.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!