BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Can Artlantis work same as MW in AC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to use the materials from Artlantis in the same manner as Maxwell does in AC?
OR will I have to export to Artlantis and assign materials every time.
The reason I ask is if something is forgotten and needs changing, must it be changed in AC then go through the process again.
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
I have no idea about what Maxwell does, but Artlantis lets you use a 'reference file', so that as you export from ArchiCAD, all material assignments from your last Artlantis session are applied to the updated model.

Is that what you're looking for?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the demo of Artlantis and used it in the manner that you explained.
Maxwell allows you to assign Maxwell materials through AC and then you can select Maxwell as the rendering engine instead of lightworks, no exporting. This is what I was refering too.
Karl Ottenstein
There is no integration between Artlantis and ArchiCAD, so, no, you cannot use Artlantis materials in ArchiCAD.

Artlantis, with its live preview (very live if you have lots of cores), is so insanely superior in ease of use and speed to trying to assign materials and render within ArchiCAD that it makes no sense spending even a moment thinking about materials, etc in ArchiCAD vs simply exporting.

Interesting that Maxwell might allow that, but just a waste of time IMHO.

That said, Maxwell appears to offer some features missing in Artlantis that are useful for architecture, notably displacement shaders.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, the way Artlantis applies materials is excellent, just wanted to get around exporting every time I forgot something.
Displacements on AC forms in Maxwell is pointless, don't bother.
Thanks, you answered my question.
Happy Xmas
Learn and get certified!