Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

1) OpenGL viewer

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello

my boss liked the way openGL shows models. when he wants to show it to clients - It is a bit "not direct" and maybe complicated (he is not controlling archicad well...)
is there some kind of viewer that takes a model and "client-aware" ?

thanks
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
I suggest that he/you invest in a 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator. Supported by ArchiCAD 11 and 12, it lets even a manager fluidly navigate through a 3D model in ArchiCAD.

You can run ArchiCAD in demo mode without a license to view the model, and can even set up a Work Environment that turns all of the tools, toolbars, etc off for your boss - giving him just Navigator to select predefined starting views.

I showed several non-ArchiCAD project managers how to view a model with a SpaceNavigator in minutes this year.

Personally, I prefer 'object' mode, where moving your hand on the navigator is like holding a physical model - tilt it away and the model on the screen tilts away, etc. Out of 40 or so people that I've had try the device this year, only one preferred 'camera mode', which is more like flying in a video game.

More comments from others (and me) here:

http://www.amazon.com/3Dconnexion-SpaceNavigator-3D-Navigation-3DX-700028/dp/B000LB7G00/ref=pd_bbs_s...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB