Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door sizes

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't understand why there is no option to set the door sizes in markers the same as the actual leaf size. I have to go around and manually change this. Nuts!!

After all, this is the convention in the north american residential industry, is it not?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Which version of Archicad are you using?
Anonymous
Not applicable
v12.

Come to think...I don't remember this problem in V10.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jeff,
I may not need to tell you this but the easiest way to place commonly used objects is to use favorites. Set up one library part exactly the way you want it then save it. If you want new instances of a certain part to behave in a certain way then you need to edit it's parameters within the library part itself. It's also possible to edit the markers themselves to show the way you want them to. I'm not 100% sure exactly what you are trying to do here so if you could explain further I'd like to try and help.

Doug
Erich
Contributor
Jeff,

It works here. I suspect that you have the wrong box checked on the Door Size Settings dialogue. You will notice that as you change the checked selection in the "Set as Nominal" section the dimension marker display will change to match.

HTH
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K