BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

2 queriesbout openGL

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi

Im using OpenGL in Archicad and it looks good execpt 2 things :
the sun im using is always in 1 direction unless i change it. when i show a client the model - some part of the model will always be better shown
others - in the drk (mostly it happened to 2 side of the house)- i place the sun generally in the corner direction to recieve at least 2 side with shade differences. is there a way to create another sun or maybe cancel it and light everything the same ?

also, is theere a way to show all wireframe togethr with the shaded model but the wireframe all in black without changing each object, wall ect lines-color ?

hope im clear...

thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
The sun will not move when you navigate. But, the sun position - along with lots of other settings - is saved with each 3D view.

So, simply save a few different views (each with a different sun position) and switch views when things seem too dark.

Not sure what you mean about the wireframe....

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dwight
Newcomer
Turn up Ambient light to fill shadows. Adjust intensity balance between sun and ambient to soften the effect.

For wireframe edging on a solid model all the same color, enable the Special Menu [search for it on the forum to get the directions - complex] to enable drawing all lines with pen #1 in the internal 3D engine.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!