Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Backing-up AC version 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone. New user here so please don't mind the newbie questions.
I want to reformat my computer but not sure what AC files to back up. I know the libraries but not sure about any user or profile files????

Again, a newbie here so please be patient.
Thank you everyone!
2 REPLIES 2
vistasp
Advisor
Hi,

You should add your OS and AC version in your signature so we know how to help. If you're doing a reformat, you're probably on Windows 😉

Note that you should avoid moving AC9 to Vista unless you want troubles...

This info is from the ArchicadWiki:

---------------------------------------

On a MAC
  • * /Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/Graphisoft/AC xx.0.0 yyy v1
    This folder contains the basic preferences files and all the Work Environment files
  • * /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.Graphisoft.AC xx.0.0 yyy v1.plist where xx stands for the version number of ArchiCAD, yyy is the localization of ArchiCAD
    This file contains some basic settings of ArchiCAD. The Windows equivalent of this file are the Registry keys
  • * /Users/<username>/Library/Caches/Graphisoft
    This folder contains library cache files and the local cache copy of network libraries
  • * /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Graphisoft
    This folder contains the Archicad autosave folder, the ArchiCAD templates, the DXF-DWG translators, IFC preferences, Bug reporter log files, publisher log files.
    Note: You will want to back up this folder in order to keep your Work Environment files and DXF-DWG translators
On a PC (Windows XP)
  • * Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\Graphisoft\
    This folder contains the basic preferences files and all the Work Environment files
  • * Documents and Settings\<Username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Graphisoft\
    This folder contains library cache files and the local cache copy of network libraries, and IFC settings
  • * Documents and Settings\<Username>\Graphisoft
    This folder contains ArchiCAD templates, crash logs, publisher log files
---------------------------------------
Hope this helps.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the help!
I am using win XP and AC version 9. I will try those folders you suggested.
Thanks again!
Cheers