BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

mouse on mac loses scrolling in AC

Erika Epstein
Booster
On my mbp that is a few months old I have in the last few weeks experienced the scroll wheel stops scrolling. I have to restart archicad to get it to work. I've verified it is only in Archicad, the wheel keeps functioning correctly in other programs.
-I cannot reliably reproduce the problem.
-It happens while working in different files.

It started about the time a colleague told me about problems he was having on his mac desktop. He has been having trouble at times selecting anything with the mouse, only in archicad and having to restart archicad to temporarily solve the problem.

Any suggestions as to what I might look for?
thanks,
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
On my mbp that is a few months old I have in the last few weeks experienced the scroll wheel stops scrolling. I have to restart archicad to get it to work. I've verified it is only in Archicad, the wheel keeps functioning correctly in other programs.
-I cannot reliably reproduce the problem.
-It happens while working in different files.

It started about the time a colleague told me about problems he was having on his mac desktop. He has been having trouble at times selecting anything with the mouse, only in archicad and having to restart archicad to temporarily solve the problem.

Any suggestions as to what I might look for?
thanks,
If it's a wireless mouse with batteries I would start there. I have seen these spotty behaviors near the end of battery life. Why ArchiCAD would be more sensitive than others I don't have a clue.

Dave
Erika Epstein
Booster
No,unfortunately, it's a corded mouse. I tried it with my other mouse also corded. I've found that the wireless ones get heavy for my comfort.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Erika - did you ever get this problem solved?

I'm having a similar problem in so far as I cannot select multiple items - this however is not just an AC problem for me but also Vectorworks.

It seemed to start when I updated my Mac OSX (and still now after the update to 10.6.3 Build 10D573). I swapped 2 identical mice (Logitech LX7 - cordless optical) and used many different USB ports for the USB transmitter) and upgraded to the most recent Logitech software.

The problem goes away when I restart my computer.

Then an added problem - the cursor keeps jumping around. So I switched to another mouse I have, an Evoluent VerticalMouse 3 (wired). And now this mouse has started doing the same.

The jumping cursor occurs on any screen and on the desktop itself.

So, it's not an AC problem but a Mac problem. Am trying to get in touch with Apple but in the meantime does anyone have any answers?

thanks

moji
Learn and get certified!