BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Recovering ArchiCAD TeamWork Draft after a crash

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure this has been answered somewhere else, but I can't find it. So, how do I recover from a crash? I am working on a team project and using a local copy that links back to a central plp file. When ArchiCAD crashes and i re-open it, there is a widow that prompts me to recover the file, Great! However, when I recover the file, I can no longer send and receive changes, NOT Great! Therefore, what is the proper procedure to recover an ArchiCAD team file after a crash?

Thank you for any help
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am afraid you will not be able to do that. If a TW file once said that you cannot Send and Receive changes then it will not "change its mind".
What I would suggest is that you recover the file and save it as a PLN.
Then Sign Into the TW file again, reeseve your workspace and copy-paste from the PLN the missing things.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you laszlonagy,
Is Grapisoft aware that this is not a good autosave option? I don't mean to verbally assault anyone, but that sucks! Why can't it just save my .plc file every 15 min or something, that way if AC freezes and needs to be terminated, i can just pick up where i left off 15 mins ago?
I appreciate your help; this is just another in a long line of frustrations i am having with archiCAD.
Have a nice day.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The good question is how this situation came about.
Normally, TW says you cannot Send & Receive changes if you open another copy of the same file (such as a PLC). In that case it will no longer let you Send & Receive changes from you Autosaved version.
Any chance that something like this happened? That would explain this.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think so. This is how it happened, to the best of my memory; ArchiCAD froze, I terminated the archicad process from task manager, then i reopened arhicad and it prompted me to recover my autosave file, after i recovered the file, a message came up saying the i was already signed into the plp file and will not be able to send or receive changes. Our plc file is saved on the network and we each have a plc copy on our local C: drives that we work from; if this is not to correct method for working on TW files, please let me know. I think a better question from me would be; have you ever had to recover an autosave file after a computer crash, and if so how did you go about it so that you could maintain a connection to the plp file?
Thank you for your input so far on my query.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The way you guys are doing it is fine: PLP on server, PLCs saved on local machines.
I am out of ideas on this one, but I don't think this is how it should work.
I let the guys at GS know about it.
Learn and get certified!