Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Problems importing Archicad Model into 3ds Max

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi There,

Can anyone help me with a problem im having at the moment. Im having to use 3DS max in order to create a construction sequence movie and im having alot of trouble following importing my Archicad file into a workable 3ds max file. The way that i have been shown how to export the file is by saving the archicad file as a .dwg, and using the import tool in 3DS max opening the file as 'Autocad Legacy'. The model itself imports into 3DS max fine, yet i have to re-colour my model using 3DS max textures.

But the largest problem im having is that any walls that have been grouped together in archicad are not grouped together in 3DS max and i therefore have to re-group all of these walls in order to move objects more easily to create the movie. Does anyone know of an easier way to import an Archicad model into 3DS Max and a way that keeps the groups together i have made in Archicad?
Or would i need to organise my archicad model into layers? (a process which im not too familiar with in archicad and have never felt the need o layer my files)

Any help you can give me with this would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks alot
0 REPLIES 0