BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Dose any1 know how to create double skin curtain wal facade?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone i am a new archicad user trying to build a skyscraper in archicad. But i am having several problems

1. when i draw curtain wall and try to view the building in 3D my Archicad get stuck and i cant pan or rotate or edit the building in 3D.

2. Dose any1 know how to create a double skin curtain wall facade in archicad12? The skyscraper I am designing is suppose to have a double skin curtain wall facade but i cant find the option how to create one.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
1. when i draw curtain wall and try to view the building in 3D my Archicad get stuck and i cant pan or rotate or edit the building in 3D.
Probably your computer does not have high performance so it will delay the processing during the 3d window and especially during the rendering!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
matrix wrote:
2. Dose any1 know how to create a double skin curtain wall facade in archicad12? The skyscraper I am designing is suppose to have a double skin curtain wall facade but i cant find the option how to create one.
The simplest way is probably to make two curtain walls. Otherwise it would probably take writing custom panel types. Depends on your details.
Djordje
Ace
matrix wrote:
If you don't need a detailed view, set the Curtain Wall Model View Options for the 3D window to Symbolic. Much faster.

Anyway, check the settings of your driver and your video card capabilities. Sounds like it lacks the oomph somewhat.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!