BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interior Elevations - Layers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you change the layer of an IE after it is placed?

Mike
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Select the marker and change the layer in the Info box or Settings Dialog same as anything else.
Anonymous
Not applicable
True, but you need to select the marker at the right point, ie selecting the marker head will not allow you to change the layer. You need to select the IE at the end of the elevation line, not the marker line.

I found this to be a little strange.

mike
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have them set to a single standard layer by default so I hadn't noticed the quirky behavior.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
fuzzymike2002 wrote:
True, but you need to select the marker at the right point, ie selecting the marker head will not allow you to change the layer. You need to select the IE at the end of the elevation line, not the marker line.

I found this to be a little strange.

mike
You can change the layer using Edit > Element Settings > Edit Selection Set... (or the hammer-in-a-square button within the Info Box). This was a bug in AC11 -- is it still a problem in AC12?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Laura, that works fine when you select the IE by the marker head line. Have to say i've been using AC for 10 years and never have I looked at that hammer in a box button!!!!!

So anybody have any ideas why it is not possible to change the layer if you select the IE by the marker head line in the Selection Settings or Info Box? Bug?

Mike
fuzzymike2002 wrote:
So anybody have any ideas why it is not possible to change the layer if you select the IE by the marker head line in the Selection Settings or Info Box?
Because the IE tool is a mess. Most twisted is the fact that group IEs can be selected by the marker for settings purposes. It's really two tools, single and group, each with its own quirks. To be fair, there are also shared quirks. More here, if you can stand it.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
James wrote:
To be fair, there are also shared quirks. More here, if you can stand it.
Thank you, James, for this excellent site. I appreciate your articles!
Learn and get certified!