Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

MEP set up transfered to another project

MEP Qustion.

How do we transfer the MEP System set up as shown on a project Attributes to another project.

In other word, I have the set up for MEP in one .pln file and I do not want to re-invent the wheel again to apply the same criteria to a .pln created before MEP was around.

Conrado
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
14 REPLIES 14
Erika Epstein
Booster
Are you referring to your work environment setup that includes the MEP tools? If so you should be able to just switch work environments. Perhaps I am not understanding your question.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Erika:

I believe he is referring to the MEP Systems that define pens, line types, etc. for the MEP systems. I don't know of a way to transfer these settings between files (this was requested during the beta test), I agree that these systems should be transferable between files, as well as the MEP Preferences (duct sizes, pipe sizes, etc).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Erika Epstein
Booster
David, you are so right
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Karl Ottenstein
Erika and David,

You may recall from the beta that managing these things via Attribute Manager (or similar) is on the wish list for a subsequent MEP release. So, at least the MEP team knows of the need. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Thanks,
David, you understood correctly my question. I was looking forward to save to a file, similar to the other attributes and then import and overwrite.

This is quite a deficiency in MEP and I hope we get a fix quickly.

Regards,

Conrado
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
David Shorter
Advisor
I would have thought that favorites could be saved for each tool and loaded into any new project .... or am I not understanding the problem?
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
David wrote:
I would have thought that favorites could be saved for each tool and loaded into any new project .... or am I not understanding the problem?
The settings Conrado refers to are similar to pen sets: not stored with the objects but referred to by the objects, so the Favorites will not help in this case.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
David Shorter
Advisor
I see, bit daft not to even have them as an attribute. You can of course build them into a template and have them standard on each new job.
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
David wrote:
You can of course build them into a template and have them standard on each new job.
True, but not useful when wishing to utilize the settings you have created in one project on another existing project. Even better would be the ability to have various (multiple) MEP Systems that could be move around like pen sets or materials.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture