BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Importing Dulux colours to create new materials

Anonymous
Not applicable
A client of mine has given me a colour from a Dulux colour chart. What is the easiest way to create this colour in the create new materials section
Cheers
23 REPLIES 23
Dwight
Newcomer
Pick a flat material like "paint" and change the RGB values to match the paint chip - there might be RGB data on the paint maker's site.

Otherwise it is best guess. But don't worry: In rendering, you are a fool to think that you can accurately reproduce a paint color in an environment since all real environments are lit with a combination of yellow and blue light.

Close is close enough.

Of course, you need to create the material in both the Internal and Lightworks engine. [Use Match Internal Button for LightWorks import.]

In the internal engine, it is the diffuse color you need to establish.

The reflection values are another matter - try not to let it get too shiny...
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ill check the site for dulux for the RGB details. Is it best to set up the colour in Photoshop and then import the colour as a JPeg or can you do it in the materials settings.
thanks for your help Dwight

cheers
Dwight
Newcomer
For a simple color, no texture image is needed.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
In photoshop you can get the RGB information of the colour (use the dropper)! Then just type the values in the new material colour settings!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Beautiful.Thanks again for your help guys. Much appreciated.

Cheers
Dwight
Newcomer
So how does it look? How close could you get?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
It looks alot better than i thought it would. Once i adjusted the colour of the light source it made it even better.
Dwight
Newcomer
This doth sorely vex me for mine eyes crave to see your attachment.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
That means what exactly!!
Learn and get certified!