Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Microsoft Intellimouse wheel problem...

ICEdevil
Newcomer
I have this problem using the wheel button in archicad...

with my previous logitech mx300 mouse pressing the wheel would instantly activate the "pan" feature...

with the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 it appears a lag of about one second between the wheel pressing and the activation of the "pan" feature...it is very annoying as i am used to working very fast...

please help...
ArchiCAD 11 build 1210
ArchiCAD 12 Hotfix 3
AMD Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2 GB DDR, Nvidia geforce 6600GT, Win XP SP2
14 REPLIES 14
ICEdevil
Newcomer
isn't there anyone using the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 with ArchiCAD?

or...maybe...you're not having this issue...if so...please semd me a link to a good driver...
ArchiCAD 11 build 1210
ArchiCAD 12 Hotfix 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
its not a software issue, it is the new scroll wheel hardware "technology" that is being used in the newer mouses.

you need a simpler mouse...
ICEdevil
Newcomer
Adon wrote:
its not a software issue, it is the new scroll wheel hardware "technology" that is being used in the newer mouses.

you need a simpler mouse...

would you, by any chance, know if the logitech mx revolution has the same problems?
ArchiCAD 11 build 1210
ArchiCAD 12 Hotfix 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Adon wrote:
Are you sure? At first glance, it's an odd idea. ICEdevil, have you tried to play with IntelliMouse control panel settings?
ICEdevil
Newcomer
Leo wrote:
Adon wrote:
Are you sure? At first glance, it's an odd idea. ICEdevil, have you tried to play with IntelliMouse control panel settings?
i fiddled with thos settings for 1 whole day...nothing made that lag go away...
i was hoping someone had the same problem and solved it somehow...
ArchiCAD 11 build 1210
ArchiCAD 12 Hotfix 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've found a discussion about your problem at Autodesk forum: http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=397566&tstart=0

They hadn't found any solution. Possibly, "horizontal scrolling technology" needs some delay for good determination of your pressure-command, and Adon was right, sorry Adon.

But I am not absolutely sure in hardware nature of the issue. Usually, there is a test page in a mouse control panel. You can manipulate your mouse and see some visual feedback here. Is the same delay between wheel pressure and it's visual feedback? If it is, it seems to be technology-related problem.

Cheers,
Leo
ICEdevil
Newcomer
Leo wrote:
I've found a discussion about your problem at Autodesk forum: http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=397566&tstart=0

They hadn't found any solution. Possibly, "horizontal scrolling technology" needs some delay for good determination of your pressure-command, and Adon was right, sorry Adon.

But I am not absolutely sure in hardware nature of the issue. Usually, there is a test page in a mouse control panel. You can manipulate your mouse and see some visual feedback here. Is the same delay between wheel pressure and it's visual feedback? If it is, it seems to be technology-related problem.

Cheers,
Leo
there is no test page with the iltellimouse software...but i tried in different applications...and it is the same thing...and the same with what people are saying in the autodesk forum

too bad, i liked this mouse...but it turns out to be useless for anyone that uses "middle button pan"
ArchiCAD 11 build 1210
ArchiCAD 12 Hotfix 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I ditched mine too. When it wasnt supposed to it would: pan, interfere with my graphics card, open all windows at once, randomly select items on the screen, highlight all text when not selected. Changed to a Logitech and no probs any more. It is not such an intelligent mouse in my opinion!

Cheers,
Rick Newton
Newcomer
I ditched my $80.00 Natural Ergo mouse too, for the same reason. Great design, but bad driver.
Rick Newton, Architect, ArchiCAD 17, 27" iMac:•3.4GHz Core i7 •32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB •3TB Fusion Drive •NVIDIAGeForce GTX 680MX 2GB