BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Parallel Projection Settings-"projection Scale Value"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.
I have made an object of a house adn put that object in another .pln and it now appears to be smushed.

It was mentioned to me that one of my coworkers had this problem before and found that the "projection Scale Values" (that little "h" with the dimension line above the second column next to the XYZ values) were not what they should be.
So, I went into a file that looked like it was suposed to and changed them all to match.

I did notice that when I changed them to strange numbers the whole house looked really funny, like stretched and smushed, and completely contorted.

So, anyway I put them back to what they should be and my Object house is still smushed in the other file, but the same object is not smushed in the file I created it from.

1. what are these "projection Scale Values" all about.
2. do you knwo why my object would look smushed if it isn't the "projection Scale Values"?

- - - HOLD on, my house object was smushed because i had the numbers wrong in the "preview and Positioning" part of the properties box.
But, why do you think that it came in with different numbers than it was saved with?
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jesikuh123 wrote:
- - - HOLD on, my house object was smushed because i had the numbers wrong in the "preview and Positioning" part of the properties box.
But, why do you think that it came in with different numbers than it was saved with?
Jess:

If the house object was saved a second time, overwriting the original object file, it is possible that the A, B and ZZYZX (height) values from the first saved version were not overwritten for the new house version. Generally, you can select another object in the dialog box, then reselect the object you are using to get the correct values.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I tried that too, I though, but I will try again.
I will also just save it again with out overwriting and see how it goes.
Learn and get certified!