Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Creating sub floor details like antcapping and piers

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is the best way to create the subfloor of a house including footings, piers, ant capping and bearers and joists for section view. Is it best to do all this detail with the cadimage add ons or can it be done easily enough with the Archicad tools.

cheers
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have modelled this sort of thing with concrete walls for the footings, and using a slab for the base on the footing. Piles can be done with columns, and joists and bearers using beams, all set to the correct levels.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this an ant cap?

(Sorry, it's Friday)
ant.png
Erika Epstein
Booster
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Dwight
Newcomer
If you want to be rid of an ant, you need to bust a cap.
Dwight Atkinson
David Shorter
Advisor
Hi Kev, have you thought of asking your local reseller for advice?
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Dave,

I did ask Jason at Graphisoft in Sydney, He has moved to Melbourne now, He told me to use the forums.
I think i have it sorted now

Cheers
David Shorter
Advisor
Hi Kev, try logging a support ticket through arkiklub, you'll need your company name and company ID from your invoice for you username and password.
Then you can ask any question and hopefully get a sensible answer
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Anonymous
Not applicable
Piers, footings etc. with slabs/walls/roofs/column tool, basically any tool that lets you produce a rectangular prism, although depending on construction (eg cavity fill) some tools may be more appropriate/easier to use.

Ant caps to piers - create half ant cap outline fill and create complex profile (see attached drawing) and insert with wall or beam tool on rectangular or rotated rectangular mode, although doing this once and then saving the resultant object as a library part for multiple insertion into project would be preferable i think if you had many to do.

Of course, for ant cap to walls just use the above complex profile in required lengths.
ant cap.jpg