BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

AC12 window casing showing as void on sections & elevations

cremsberg
Participant
I am using composite walls and version 12 windows. The casing does not show as a positive element in section or elevation. Note section where the casing is a void in the siding. In elevation, I intend the casing to sit proud of the siding, but shadows suggest it is a void also. I have tried different surface modeling strategies and overly-thick casings.

Same problem in 3D.

I was hoping the latest hotfix might help, but it didn't seem to.

This may be related to similar window problem (frame display in elevation) in this post:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=26767&highlight=window+trim+display
Claire Remsberg

Remsberg Architecture, P.A.

MacBook Pro, OSX 12.6, ArchiCAD v25 (5010)
3 REPLIES 3
cremsberg
Participant
I gave up - did not find a way to solve this casing problem using AC12 windows, but I did find that AC11 windows work MUCH better as far a the casings are concerned.
Claire Remsberg

Remsberg Architecture, P.A.

MacBook Pro, OSX 12.6, ArchiCAD v25 (5010)
Erich
Contributor
Yeah, AC12's windows are the pits! I've personally seen the problem you are showing as well as several others. We are all waiting for the next library update in the hopes that things start working again.

I, for one, am keeping my fingers crossed for this to occur soon.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would just like to add that I have this problem as well and it is a pain in the butt.
Learn and get certified!