Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how to get a double line for a door leaf in Simple 2D Detail

Anonymous
Not applicable
O.k. This is very frustrating and is something that worked easily in previous versions of Archicad.

I would like to set my door (using under Wood Entrance Doors - D1 Entrance 12) to the "simple" 2D Detail Level and have the door leaf shown as a double line. This was something that in previous versions I could just check a box.

I've noticed that this is not the only library part that refuses to be represented with a double line at the "Simple" 2D Detail Level. Even if I choose the Middle Detail Level the door leaf still gets shown as a single line.

Also when I select the D1 Pocket 12 sliding pocket door (under Specialty doors - sliding doors) I get message "the start and endpoints of a subpolygon must be identical. at line 534 in the 2d script of file dp_door_panels_usa.gsm". ANyway very annoying. I've also spent way too long checking absolutely every parameter. I'm either blind or something has been removed. I want the double line back!!!
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Isn't there anyone who knows the answer to this seemingly easy question?
Greg A_ Blunier
Contributor
For the double line on the door leaf, check your scale. I suspect that you have a small scale set in the floor plan so that the scale sensitive nature of the door symbol is going to the single line.
ArchiCAD 22 USA Full and ArchiCAD 7

Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
This response doesn't answer my question. I already know about the different scale sensitivities. My question is getting a double line for a door leaf USED to be an option when the 2D Detail is set to Simple.

Version 12 has changed the door options, for the worse IMHO.
Anonymous
Not applicable
O.K. just spoke to a Graphisoft Tech person and this is a bug. The problem happens when the 2D Detail is set to either "simple" or "Middle". You also get problems with the library part for the pocket door (under Specialty, Sliding doors - D1-pocket 12 when this setting is used.

Doesn't Graphisoft have Beta testers who would have pointed out this bug??? Seriously, it's a basic graphic representation. WHO shows casing details on a 1/4" floor plan????

Another gripe... why is the US Library so inferior design wise as compared to the International library??? Graphisoft, give us US Architects better libraries!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Carmel wrote:
O.K. just spoke to a Graphisoft Tech person and this is a bug. The problem happens when the 2D Detail is set to either "simple" or "Middle". You also get problems with the library part for the pocket door (under Specialty, Sliding doors - D1-pocket 12 when this setting is used.

Doesn't Graphisoft have Beta testers who would have pointed out this bug??? Seriously, it's a basic graphic representation. WHO shows casing details on a 1/4" floor plan????

Another gripe... why is the US Library so inferior design wise as compared to the International library??? Graphisoft, give us US Architects better libraries!!!
Dear Carmel,
Thanks for posting this. I just got this bug, and confirm that the problem has not been fixed in the most recent AC12 update (2523 USA FULL).
Erich
Contributor
ammacdon wrote:
the problem has not been fixed in the most recent AC12 update (2523 USA FULL).
Of course not this issue is not with ArchiCAD but with the library objects and will not be fixed, nor will any of the other window and door problems, until there is a library update...if then. Thanks to this forum we do know that GS is aware of the issues and are working on them. We just don't know when we will see a fix.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I finally installed AC14 and this problem still hasn't been fixed!
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a Library update for 14 now.
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Carmel, thanks for bringing this critical issue to light.

A related issue came up recently in the context of providing consultants with simplified DWG export drawings, where door swing clearance accuracy was critical.

In the attached image there are three identical 3’-0” wide doors with the only difference being the display settings related to the detail level of the frame and casings.

Door A is set to Detailed and displays the frame and casing, which the consultant does not want.

Door B is set to Scale Sensitive such that the frame and casings disappear when the scaled drawing is 1/8” or less. Note the incorrect dimension of 3’-2” when the door is set to 3’-0”.

Door C is set to Simple. The resulting dimension is incorrect as well.

All three doors list correctly at 3'-0" in the schedule. Is this a know issue and is there a simple workaround? Thanks for any thoughts.
DoorBS.png
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.