BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

No Gravity Toggle = Rising Effect in 3d window- Argh! huh?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
A noobie question here.
I must have hit a key but for the life of me can't figure out what it is. I've checked my shortcuts, and all the menus...

When I am in the 3d window (and this happens sometimes, more than I want) currently unless I am navigating in active mode (either orbit or explore) if I stop moving my mouse and direction keys, my perspective rises and rises and rises until the model disappears... like I am in a hot air balloon!

WTF?

So what is this, what causes it and how do I switch this annoying function off.

I've checked all the gravity settings and toggled my shortcuts but that changed nothing. This has been an occasional on-going problem for the last 9 months, and I've never figured out yet (obviously) what causes it except that I must be toggling SOMETHING or doing something on accident that I am not aware of.

Any ideas where the PEBKAC error is?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
JP-Design wrote:
Hi
A noobie question here.
I must have hit a key but for the life of me can't figure out what it is. I've checked my shortcuts, and all the menus...

When I am in the 3d window (and this happens sometimes, more than I want) currently unless I am navigating in active mode (either orbit or explore) if I stop moving my mouse and direction keys, my perspective rises and rises and rises until the model disappears... like I am in a hot air balloon!

<b>[censored]</b>?

I've checked all the gravity settings and toggled my shortcuts but that changed nothing. This has been an occasional on-going problem for the last 9 months, and I've never figured out yet (obviously) what causes it except that I must be toggling SOMETHING or doing something on accident that I am not aware of.

Any ideas where the PEBKAC error is?

Thanks!
is that the case even if u draw one wall
or it only happens in big models ????
is your keyboard dirty ?

i had once problem, with sticky keys
graphic card drivers updated ???

Do u have ghosts in house or office ?
rocorona
Booster
I guess you have an optical mouse. Eehm... easy guess, who uses a ball mouse today?
Do a test with another mouse, *AND* check the surface you are using it on. can be too shiny, or with a "confusing" pattern for the electronic eye.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Community Admin
JP-Design wrote:
Hi
A noobie question here.

<b>[censored]</b>?

F key is the Fly mode toggle. You must have pressed that and it stayed that way.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all...

I use the fly mode all the time, so that wasn't it (but I had to check again- I forgot about this shortcut... Awesome for quickly "walking around" on surfaces and toggle on and off to change levels to a new story... almost like a 3d gravity mode, and right next to the "game" explore model keys I use for 3d visual stuff!)...

Since it's my nice laptop, and I've not spilled my coffee on it in at LEAST a few months, nor dropped any dorritos on it, I'm guessing...

Wait. NOPE, not the mouse either. Dang it. I go STRAIGHT UP.
and if I load another model in a new instance of AC, that one is FINE.

It's almost like a glitch somewhere in my app that says "you have been chosen to join the team aboard the enterprise. You will now be beamed straight up to Scotty... prepare... Resistance is futile, transporter beam will resume the moment you stop this useless resistance..."

Sometimes restarting my machine helps- usually this is all I have found that actually for SURE solves the problem. Maybe it's a key I pressed, maybe a driver that gets hosed when the 3d window loads sometimes- or some OpenGL glitch.

If I find out what it is, short of finally winding up with the Borg, I'll post.

Anonymous
Not applicable
P.S. the mouse was a good possibility. but on removing it completely (USB optical) and using the track pad, same problem...

-IS there a key in the default 3d navigation that simply INCREASES elevation perspective/viewpoint? Maybe I DO have a dorrito under there...

Learn and get certified!