BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Floor plan cut plane for Attic ??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
I'm having an attic plan to show.
I wanna have the pitch roof peeled off showing rooms below it but could not set it properly (I have set the Cut plane). Either I turned the roof off completely or having it ON always.

Maybe I'm missing something...
Please advise.

MAny thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Following the previous post, please find attached for better understand of what I mentioned earlier.

Please help.
Thanks
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In the Floor Plan and Section panel of the Dialog, set Projected or Projected with Overhead in the Floor Plan Display field.
See if that helps.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've done something similar: A quick work around, without slicing the roof;
1) Make two views, one with roof (use a surface fill on the roof!), one with the attic.
2) Change the drawings to manual update only.
3) Impose the roof onto of the attic drawing
4) Crop/cut/slice the view to show the parts you want.

Takes about 5 minutes and works in most situations where you DO NOT need to see the roof-cut/fills. Benefit is lots of flexibility, artistically.

Thomas Holm
Booster
tranthainguyen wrote:
Hi all,
I'm having an attic plan to show.
I wanna have the pitch roof peeled off showing rooms below it
3D view, Top view, 3D cut. Copy/Paste into floor plan, overlay it as you like.
In ARchicad 12 you can also save as a 3D document.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
on that note, and more of the same thing here,
Can one have a cutting plane in explore or orbit mode, that moves in relation to the "viewpoint" (everything between the camera and the cutplane, is cut)? I can't remember if that was a 3dmax or something else... or if it was an AC thing I used to find annoying, but would be PERFECT for this situation, as one could move up and down and have the cutting plane move at the same time, to get the EXACT view one wanted.

Seems to me it was an AC function. But I don't even remember what it was called or how to get there- and no time this week to check! *chuckle*

Jena
Thomas Holm
Booster
JP-Design wrote:
on that note, and more of the same thing here,
Can one have a cutting plane in explore or orbit mode, that moves in relation to the "viewpoint" (everything between the camera and the cutplane, is cut)?
You meanset a constant distance between cutplane and camera? I haven't seen that. You can simulate it when recording animations in Artlantis or Sketchup, and perhaps in Archicad too. But I haven't seen this function directly in any of these programs.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah!
That's exactly what I meant. I just can not remember if I was using it in AC ever...many 2d apps have this editing feature thrown in, so as you "walk into" a model you can see more of...

-I could SWEAR it was in AC 10. Hmmm....
now I'm intrigued.
Thomas Holm
Booster
JP-Design wrote:
-I could SWEAR it was in AC 10. Hmmm....
now I'm intrigued.
As some of the downunder guys know, I tend to be wrong at times So don't take my word for it. You might have seen something I haven't. However I kind of doubt that you've been able to walk into a 2D app? I'm impressed!
Learn and get certified!