Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

trouble with eves

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone Glenn from Australia here.

I created a roof using the polyroof tool and choose 300mm for eve overhang. The roof was created fine but there are parts of the roof I need no eves, and for the life of me I cant work out ho to remove the eve from that part of the roof.
Please help
cheers
16 REPLIES 16
Karl Ottenstein
Mercedes on the roof edge and use the edge offset button in the pet palette. All polygonal entities edit the same way ...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl but the edge offset button is not visable in the pet palette and I dont know why
Dwight
Newcomer
You are either clicking a corner or the roof slope orientation line [that often coincides with the bottom edge of the roof.]
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
edit the individual roof plane edge or Node
edit roof plane.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does not matter which part of the roof I click I only get drag,rotate, mirror, elevate and multiply. No other options seem to appear.
not sure what im doing wrong?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks I can see what you are saying. But for some reason im not getting all the buttons in the pet palette. only the bottom ones in the picture of the previous post. Cant work out why?
Anonymous
Not applicable
you are probably selecting the wall or something
Hover the mouse over the edge & use tab to alternate the selection of the plane
Anonymous
Not applicable
No matter what I do it seems to select the whole roof not just the section like in your picture. tried tab didnt work either as soon as I would click the whole roof was selected again.
thanks again getting closer.
any more ideas?
Anonymous
Not applicable
See pics or Manual
Pet pallet.jpg