Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

How do I turn the lights on?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using the lightworks rendering engine. And. I've put interior light objects from the Archicad library into it. But they seem to belong to the Internal Engine. I've also put sun and window-objects into my model.
When I put on ligth from all sources, I get light when rendering. But, I wanted to try only light from lamps. But, the lamps are not lit when I try.
If it is as I suspect, that the light objects I've used only work with the Internal Engine, are there som internal lamp objects available that works with the Lightworks rendering engine ?
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Ace
Stupid question:

Are your lamps on in the lamp settings?

Are you lamps checked as the light sources in the Rendering settings?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, they are put on, and the rendering settings are also OK. Light from lamps.
When I use the Internal Rendering Engine the lamps are lit.
But I prefer the Lightworks.
So my question is. Are there lamp objects for the Lightworks, somewhere? The Archicad library only contain this special light objects (sun , window) for the Lightworks, as far as I can see.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Anne wrote:
So my question is. Are there lamp objects for the Lightworks, somewhere?
Any of the objects available with the Lamp Tool can emit light that is seen when using any of the Photorendering engines, including LightWorks.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14