BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

figures in plan window not printing

Anonymous
Not applicable
I''m trying to print a plan which has had a furniture layout sketch overlayed. The layout is in pdf and jpg format and i've tried placing it with both the drawing tool and figure tool respectively.
All looks fine on screen (see attached image), but when i try printing (from either plan window or layout book) the sketch does not print.
Any suggestions why this is occuring and advice to rectify it would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Erika Epstein
Booster
You will need to create a pdf of what you show and print from that.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm getting the same result printing to pdf as to printer - other archicad elements but not figures. If i bring the figure to the front so that it covers the other elements, i get a (generally) blank print; so i guess the figure is printing, but as a solid block of [white] colour.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
kombibob:

Have you tried checking the "Transparent" option in the Figure Settings dialog box?

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have managed to get the figures to print correctly by reducing the file size of the image being imported. I tried this after finding this post in the ArchicadWiki http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/Drawings%20with%20images%20do%20not%20print
Although the original file was just <1Mb (937kb), reducing the image size in image editor to around 250kb and reimporting seemed to fix the problem.
Erika/David, thanks for your responses.
Learn and get certified!