Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3d cut slanted wall representation problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got a problem with a plan representation of a slanted wall. I cut the wall with a roof, but the plan representation didn't change. I made a 2d drawing of what it should be. Is this a problem still not solved by Graphisoft, or I'm doing something wrong?

Here is the sequence:

3d cut slanted wall.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
arqstein:

You don't say whether the wall was cut using Solid Element Operation or Trim to Roof command(s), but neither one will affect the 2D Plan view, only the 3D Model. If you search the forum, you can find a wish poll for the feature.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I tried both. Thanks anyway.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Reading this forum and the various wishes sections over a long time now, I don't understand why SEO representation in 2D keeps out. SEO has been integrated ages ago! Development and optimization of tools is a natural process and most of us do respect a delay. Anyhow, in my personal opinion, how basic any new tool may be once implemented, GS must respect the main goal of working with ArchiCAD : a parametric model to achieve consistent documentation.

see Highlights of ArchiCAD

* The Virtual Building™: ArchiCAD stores all the information about the building in a central database; changes made in one view are updated in all others, including floor plans, sections/elevations, 3D models and bills of material

Extra parameters, more possibilities, new and better working methods, an intuitive interface, ... can all be wished for, but a correct 2D view of the 3D model should always be guaranteed. I hope the next version(s) to be a solid clean up of the existing tools rather than major steps forward.

I don't talk pro and con with other software, I just wish GS to focus on the one, maybe biggest achievement today: "ArchiCAD, the most comprehensive tool for an architect...WYSIWYG, and........we make it fun, each new day"