Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 12 installation on Vista x64 Business

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please help!

I am trying to install Archicad 12 on a brand-new desktop running Vista x64 Business and I am getting the following message:

Setup.exe - Entry point not found
'The procedure entry point GetCo-mandLineW counld not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll'

What can I do?

The system is Intel i7 920, overclocked to 3.17 GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows Vista x64 business.

Thanks a lot!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Additional info: I tried installing Archicad 11, 12 and Acrobat - in all cases the installation failed within seconds of launch and in all cases the message was similar to the one above.

I noticed that the name of the entry point is mis-spelled, in the message above the first 'm' in 'command' is replaced by a symbol. This is happening for all other attempts as well.

Do I have a virus already? Am I doing something wrong? Please help me sort this out!

Thanks!
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
When is this error coming up? Is it the installer, or is the install going fine, but starting ArchiCAD gives the error?
You mention that Acrobat is having the same problem, so does this mean the Acrobat installer is doing the same? if that is that case, then it seems like a problem with your system.
The ArchiCAD installer(not sure about Acrobat) uses Java, so perhaps an uninstall of whatever version of Java you currently have might help?
BTW. I have not come across any installation problems on my Vista 64 setup. That includes ArchiCAD 11 & 12, Adobe Master Collection, MS Office and many others.
My system has the following listed in Control Panel -> Programs and Features:
Java(TM) 6 Update 11
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 6
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This makes make recall a time when I had several versions of Java installed and that caused problems and things were not working.
It is worth trying to make sure you always have one version of Java installed.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
KeesW
Advocate
It doesn't sound like a Vista 64 problem because I'm running AC12 with this the OS. I also have a quad core computer (i7 is quad core, isn't it?) and AC12 runs fine - and very fast.

Don't you have any suport from a dealer?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU