BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Variations of a base model

Anonymous
Not applicable
So, I have a house modeled in archicad 12.
There are several plans for changes to the house, but they are independent from each other.
The way I'm handling this now is simply "saving as" my original project with another name and then work on it, this worked for simple thing, but if I modify my base project on the new renamed file, say because I found some inconsistences, then they are lost from the very original, of course, I didn't save them there...

Does archicad gives a native way to handle this situation?

I know it have layers, but as far as I can see (I'm totally newbie, so correct me if I'm wrong) they doesn't work like say, Photoshop layers, where changes are applied to layers and then can be easily turned on and off and see how the picture changes adding some layers or removing others.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks!

Interesting thread.

So, it seems there is no clear answer.
Some guys just go simple and use different files.
Other says modules is the way to go. And yes, that work when working with whole rooms.
And layers are very useful too, in my case, to show and delete walls from here and there, that's what I will use.
I guess the best is use a little of each technique according to our specific needs.
Erika Epstein
Booster
fischermx wrote:
I guess the best is use a little of each technique according to our specific needs.
Yes, that's the ticket.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!